Jan 23, 2009

Netbook Temptation...

Chinese New Year is around the corner and I’ve just gotten my bonus last month. It isn’t much but I’ve been thinking that I should spend myself something nice after deducting off the savings portion. After all, I did not shop for new cloths or anything for this New Year anyway. And…I’ve got to make full use of the entitlement for the income tax rebate. (well you can come out with ALL sorts of reason when you know you want something no matter how...hahaha..)

I’ve always been looking out for a netbook but I just can’t accept the idea of spending off a chunk of my "already-not-enough-savings". It’s been tempting me on and off until last week my boss told me that I would be given a company laptop. Then I can sell off my old school Toshiba and get a netbook for secondary use. It felt like as if the netbook in Lowyat Plaza is screaming at me begging me to bring her home. Hahaha.

With my months of research over the available netbooks in the market, initially I was hooked to the ASUS N10J which technically to some people, is not exactly categorized as a netbook but it’s the best spec-ed 10’ laptop for me. Unfortunately the hefty price tag turns me off. So off I go looking for other alternatives.

I’ve now filtered my selection to either the Lenovo S10 or the HP Mini 1000. The difference between both of them is that the S10 has better spec whereas the HP Mini emphasizes on design and usability. Seeing how thin the HP Mini is as well as its big keyboard really made me drool. Not forgetting the funky pattern embedded on its lid.

Now the final question. “Should I? or Should I not?” -_-"

S10

HP Mini 1000

No comments: