Mar 27, 2009

Earth Hour – Gimmick?

The Earth Hour event was quite a big hit lately. I wasn’t really following the news so I wasn’t exactly aware of such event until my dearest told me about it couple of weeks back. While browsing through The Star Online the other day I saw this so-called opinion posted up by this dude named Marcus from Petaling Jaya.

I’m not hardcore pro Earth Hour but I think it’s quite a good idea to educate the people about global warming. It is rather sad that he thinks that this event is just a publicity stunt. I personally find that the way he voice out his opinion is just so childish and immature. He doesn’t exactly see the purpose of such event. It is to create awareness! It’s a part of the effort to pass the message to every person in the world to be aware of the effect of global warming. Every bodies/organization could do their part to save the world! (Fuh…I feel like I’m one of those super heroes now…haha)

Anyway, I guess he can have all his opinion to himself. I hope he isn’t one of those guys who would just know how to “tell” their opinion in the newspaper trying to be glamour and not do anything about it. PEACE YO!!!

No comments: