Apr 8, 2009

DIY Skin Tag Removal???

Skin tag, also known as acrochordon, some little flesh that grow commonly on one’s neck, armpit or groin area. For further details please visit HERE. I prefer not to have any of these pictures posted here though.

I’m sure many people suffer such growth but have you ever thought of removing it? It is rather unnecessary to most men as they don’t exactly shave their armpits (assuming we’re talking about armpit skin tags). Anyway I had a couple and I usually wouldn’t be bothered about it until recently I noticed one that was rather obvious when I took off my shirt.

I’ve been told that you can have them removed in a clinic or by a dermatologist but the services do not come free. The cheaper alternative is to actually have them removed by yourself at your very own home.

Did a little study over the Internet and I decided to actually use the method of tying the base of the skin tag with a dental floss and let it dry up by itself, and eventually it’ll fall off without you even noticing it.

My experience was that I had it tied for 2 days and I could feel a little irritation because there is still a small little wound on the base part where the floss is, I know that you could just clip it off with a scissor or something but I was such a “pussy”... :P On the third day I couldn’t take it anymore, it dried up a little bit but was getting more and more irritating whenever I move my arm. Got too frustrated so I hold on to it real tight and give it a quick pull, surprisingly a little pinch pain and the whole thing just came off!

Put on a little aloe vera cream and I’m so relief now. I don't really recommend you to follow what I've done though as it has higher risk of getting an infection.

No comments: