Oct 24, 2008

Certified ORIGINAL!!!!

Dropped by to Revelstoke this morning to get my Oakley inspected. I actually emailed them yesterday and was told that its better to have them check on my Oakley since I was worried that it could be a fake.

A lady greeted me after some curious walk-around in their office for about 10 minutes and this was our conversation:

Me: Hi, I was told that I can send my Oakley here for an inspection to see if its fake or original. I bought it second hand from a local forum and I'm worried that it could be a fake unit.
Lady: Yeah sure! No problem, that would take a while. Please have a seat.
Me: a while? (I'm already late for work actually..:P) how long do I have to wait?
Lady: It would be just few minutes.(aiseh..then you should have just said a few minutes lor)

The verdict? its ORIGINAL! yay! but Revelstoke would not provide any service to me as there was no proof of purchase from their dealer. The warranty card which came with it did not have a stamp from the shop except for Revelstoke's stamp. They're not going to provide me any service even if I can pay them, but I guess its ok as I could easily get a replacement for a pretty low price if its really spoilt in the future *touchwood*

So whoever who wants to get an Oakley, make sure you take note on the warranty issue. There is no life time warranty as claimed by most people. If you purchase an Oakley from the authorized shop, you'd get a 1yr warranty and a life time part replacement with a fee..that explains why they are not willing to provide service to me even if I want to pay them.

I'm very happy with my Oakley definitely, especially the clearer view I get compared to my regular sunglasses. :P can't wait for my next pair!

No comments: