Oct 21, 2008

New found Love...

Lately I’ve been hooked on to one of the world’s most popular eyewear, Oakley!

Again, I can never afford Oakley during my teenage time, I could only hope while feeling jealous with most of my mates who could afford it.

Went to Mid Valley last week to try out a few models but still couldn’t decide which to go with. I love the Gascan but it’s too small for my wide face. Tried on the Oil Drum, Oil Rig, Eyepatch, Fives 3.0, Conduct and Half Jacket but most do not look too good either. (In my own opinion lah since I was alone :P)

Until earlier today I saw someone posted a Fives 2.0 for sale in a local forum, I sms-ed the dude and met up with him later in the evening and viola! I’ve got my first Oakley! It’s a used one but the condition is pretty mint. Oakley has discontinued this model and it is rather difficult for me to spot if it’s a fake, it comes with a Revelstoke warranty card though, together with the usual box and microbag. Looked at every millimeter of the shades to make sure there’s no sign of defect/fake and it seems fine according to my googled results on how to spot fake/replica Oakley-s. The dude is kind enough to give me a week to get it verified in any optical shops.

Still not getting over with the Gascan, I’m planning to get another pair of Oakley. A brand new one! I shall decide soon!

Oakley US used to sell it at USD70 which would be about RM266 with direct conversion of USD1 = RM3.80. Which means it would be selling in Malaysia for about RM400++ back then. I paid RM190 for my Five 2.0. Some shops in the UK are selling it for GBP63. (If its in stock..hehe)

I’m pretty happy with it. Looking forward to my next pair! :P




No comments: